NyeTorr 6200 - The Right Lubricant for the Right Application
NyeTorr 6200 was designed to improve the performance and extend the operating life of high-speed bearings, linear guides for motion control, vacuum pumps, and other components used in semicon manufacturing equipment designed for processes such as deposition, ion implantation, etching, photolithography, and wafer measurement and inspection.
A Pennzane™ (multiply alkylated cyclopentane “MAC”) based grease thickened with PTFE, NyeTorr 6200 is manufactured to exhibit very low vapor pressure and excellent wear resistance properties, good for heavily-loaded devices and designs requiring limited or oscillating motion, and is capable of sustained operating temperatures up to 150°C. Pennzane fluid-based lubricants also accept a wide variety of additives and are compatible with many of today’s design materials, making them the right choice for many applications. Nye was the first to formulate oils and greases from Pennzane synthesized hydrocarbon synthetic fluids and is Shell Global Solutions’ exclusive authorized global distributor of all Pennzane fluids.
NyeTorr 6200 - From A Unique Line of Lubricants
NyeTorr 6200 comes from a unique line of lubricants manufactured by Nye Lubricants, Inc. of Fairhaven, Massachusetts. They were designed for the rigorous demands of the Semiconductor Production Environment. These products have been developed with several key parameters in mind: Low Outgassing, High Temperature Stability, Aggressive Chemical Resistance, Wear Protection, and Cleanliness. The raw materials used in NyeTorr® formulations are tightly controlled on a molecular level to limit the Vapor Pressure, Outgassing, and Contamination. Nye tests and certifies the vapor pressure of each batch to guarantee that the vapor pressure on the label matches the actual vapor pressure of the lubricant. Additionally, all NyeTorr® lubricants are subjected to a proprietary “Ultrafiltration Process” which removes microscopic particulates and homogenizes agglomerated thickeners. NyeTorr® is a registered trademark of Nye Lubricants, Inc.
Attributes of NyeTorr 6200
- Temperature Range (°C): -45 to 150
- Base Oil Chemistry: MAC
- Thickener Type: PTFE
- Base Oil Viscosity - ASTM D-45 (cSt): 100°C: 15, 40°C: 108
- NLGI Grade - ASTM D-217: 1
- Oil Separation - ASTM D-6184 (24 hrs. 100°C): 3.5%
- Evaporation (24 hrs, 100°C): 0.00%
- Vacuum Stability - ASTM E-595 (% wt): TML: 0.058, CVCM: 0.025
- Base Oil Vapor Pressure, Knudsen (25°C): 4.7x10-12 Torr
- Density (g/cc, 25°C): 1.05
- SRV Coefficient of Friction & Wear: CoF: 0.124, Ball Scar: 0.46mm
- 4-Ball Wear - ASTM D-2266 (60 min, 1200 RPM): Wear Scar: 20 kg load: 0.52mm, 40 kg load: 0.54mm
- 4-Ball Wear - ASTM D-2266 (60 min, 1200 RPM): Coefficient of Friction: 20 kg load: 0.030, 40 kg load: 0.091
- Low Temperature Torque ASTM D-1478(gm-cm, -25°C): Starting: 207, 10-min run: 263
- Microscopic Particulate Contamination (FTM 791, 3005.3): <300 Particles/cc, 35 μm
NyeTorr 6200 - Certification and Ultrafiltration
Nye tests and certifies the vacuum stability (E-595) of each batch of NyeTorr 6200. Other vacuum lubricants list only “typical properties,” which do not warrant that vapor pressure on the label matches the actual vapor pressure of the lubricant. And most often, it doesn’t.
Additionally, NyeTorr 6200 is subjected to a proprietary “ultrafiltration process” which removes microscopic particulates and homogenizes agglomerated thickeners. It is packaged in ultraclean containers in a Class 100 (ISO Class 5) mini-environment.